Monday 23 May 2011

Business card visual exploration


The finalised version of the front of the business card using the typefaces 'aller' (main copy) and 'aller light' (contact details)






I designed this layout from my sketches and I stuck with it from the beginning after getting good feedback. If it's not broke don't fix it kind of thing. but I did explore the effect of colour example above and came to the conclusion that the use of the green logo and green copy strengthened the brands identity and pushed it further.

A simple centre aligned logo. I felt this was too simple and quite weak and as the logo appeared on the front of the business card there was no need to repeat it on the back.



These are tests of the idea I had where I cropped and enlarged the green pages element from the Hescott and Kroener logo. The results aren't very interesting so I pushed the idea further (below) 



I went on to experiment with the green pages idea, visualising what would be a birds eye view of an open book on its end. Visually it could be improved but looks good, but personally I don't think it's strong enough to be used.


No comments:

Post a Comment