Monday 14 February 2011

Red Riding Cap (Hood) Before Final Edit


> This is almost complete, I just have to tweak the timing of the wolf's position, he moves into view too early and starts animating halfway through.

>Unlike the other idents, I needed the character to stop walking (on the spot) and move with the environment and allow the other character (the wolf) to move into view as if Little Red Cap had stopped walking as soon as she saw the wolf walking towards her.


> I retimed the positioning a little so the wolf comes onto the screen just has the limbs start to animate.

> To sync the movement of the wolf with it's limbs I moved the centre point of each limb to where I imagined it to be connected to the body (as if it was a joint) and altered the rotation over time. I also applied the puppet pin tool, which I had been experimenting with and found that I could place pins on the legs where the joints would be and move the legs as if they had natural movement. It still isn't as fluid as a real moving wolf but I think the effect gives more life to the animation and is as realistic as a silhouette is going to get.


No comments:

Post a Comment